Friday, October 22, 2010

Sunny Sunday in Sydney

I am a little behind on my posts this week. I had a busy week at work and have been reading The Girl Who Played With Fire in my free time. Such a good book! Anyways, last Saturday I went to a great tapas bar in Bondi called Mojos with some friends. The chorizo was sub-par, but the tortilla espanol, manchego cheese and sangria did not disappoint. I stayed in the city at my friends' apartment in Rushcutter's Bay on Saturday night and spent the day with them on Sunday. We ate breakfast at this quaint cafe called the Rushcutter's Bay Tennis Cafe which is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Bayswater Road next to the neighborhood tennis courts.  The cafe building is tiny, but it has a whimsical terrace draped in wisteria and other vine plants and tables with chess and checkerboards painted on them so people can play while they wait for their food.

Later in the morning we went shopping in the eastern suburbs in Darlinghurst and Paddington (Paddo as it is called by the locals) because it was a beautiful sunny day, although a little too chilly to be at the beach. Both neighborhoods are really trendy with cool cafes and restaurants and little boutiques with great designs.  Paddington is known for its beautifully renovated terrace homes with intricate ironwork and bright colors.  I did not get a chance to see some of the more famous streets, but here is a taste of what the neighborhood looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment