Sunday, October 10, 2010

Balmoral Beach



I live only 2.5 km (1.6 miles) from Balmoral Beach. It is my favorite beach in Sydney at the moment.  Balmoral is less well known than other beaches so it tends to be a little calmer and more peaceful with fewer tourists and bodybuilders like Bondi or Manly. It has a beautiful boardwalk and quaint cafes and a great fish and chip shop. Jane and her friends drink coffee most mornings at a little cafe called Cafe Balmoral.  The owner is one of the biggest characters I've met down here. This morning he was wearing a shirt with a ribbon on it and a tag that said "To: Women From: God". 

Whenever the weather is nice I run from my house and along the beach. I can't wait for the temperatures to get warm enough for me to spend the day there reading in the sun. 



2 comments:

  1. That's right, you're just at the beginning of Spring, while we're in Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. Right now we are in the stage of October showers bring November flowers. It feels so backwards, but great.

    ReplyDelete