Friday, October 15, 2010

Slangictionary (Sixth Installment)

A kangaroo short in the top paddock: (phrase) “Not the sharpest tool in the shed” or “One sandwich short of a picnic”
Two bobs short of a quid: (phrase) similar to “Not the brightest crayon in the box.”
Graze: (n.) scrape [ex. I have a big graze on my knee]
Uni: (n.) university, college
Muesli: (n.) granola
Shocker: (adj.) busy, crazy, stressful [ex. I had a real shocker of a day at work]
Mobile: (n.) cell phone (They laugh whenever I say cell phone)
Grey nomads: (n.) old people that driver around the country in RVs (They have them here too! Who would have thought)
Buggie smugglers: (n.) speedos or banana hammocks (I wish Tony Abbott, the weird looking head of the Liberal (right-wing) party, would stop parading around in a budgie smuggler and put on some board shorts on occasion) 

No comments:

Post a Comment