Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Snugglepot and Cuddlepie and the Sydney Harbor Bridge

For the past few weeks I have been walking home from work.  It takes a little more than an hour, but it is so nice to be outside in the continually warmer weather after a long day in the office. There is a nice sized park called St. Leonard's Park, a few blocks from my office that I pass every day. It is filled with palm trees and majestic old gumtrees like this one. 
Sometimes, when I am really in a 5 o'clock daze, I wonder if they would be the kind of gumtrees that Snugglepot and Cuddlepie would live in. The Snugglepot and Cuddlepie books are these very Aussie children's books that I grew up reading. They are about the adventures of these tiny beings called gumnut babies.
I also get to pass views like this.  (Not a bad way to end the day)
Sydney Harbor Bridge

1 comment:

  1. I haven't thought about Snugglepot & Cuddlepie in years! I love your pictures too :)

    ReplyDelete