Saturday, September 11, 2010

Commute Home

It is the beginning of spring in Australia, so it gets  dark fairly early here, but the sun sets later ever day.  Here are a few pictures a took this week while walking home from my bus stop on Spit Road.  I have a nice short commute too a from work.  In the morning the buses are full people going to work and kids in uniforms with blazers, plaid skirts, straw hats and other school attire. Both private school and public school kids wear uniforms in Australia so you rarely see a young kid commuting in regular clothing. Road biking to work is very popular despite the impressive hills in Sydney.  The cyclists do not have a great respect for traffic laws and the other day I saw a cyclist stick his tongue out at a driver.  I thought it very amusing, but the driver of the car did not.  I love the commute home (well at least now I do as I have figured out the public transportation) because you see the most beautiful sunsets on the harbor and can smell the gardenias and other flowers beginning to bloom.







No comments:

Post a Comment