Friday, March 4, 2011

'Autumn' Saturday

Autumn technically started in Australia last week.  It sounds so weird when Aussies describe this time of the year as autumn when it is still summer weather, however today felt like a crisp early spring morning.  I went to Bills in Woollahra with my girlfriends for brunch.  A few of the girls ordered their famous corn fritters and I got the ricotta hotcakes with banana and unbelievable honeycomb butter.  It was the first time I have had pancakes in the six months I've been here as pancakes are not quite as popular and boy were they satisfying.  After brunch we walked along Oxford Street in Paddington and went in many of the cute boutiques and shops.  I bought a hot little red dress on sale from Kookai that I plan to wear tonight for my Mardi Gras attire.  We also stopped in a really cool store that I had never heard of before, Dinosaur Designs.  The creators of the store got their start by selling jewelry and handprinted fabrics at the Paddington Markets which are on every weekend and now create wonderfully bold bangles, rings, necklaces and homeware made of resin.  I loved these necklaces with feather and finger-like shapes...I may have to go back and get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment