Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving in the Summer



I am also thankful for cornbread. Next
year I want to try to make this  pumpkin cornbread
On Saturday Jane and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for a large group of friends.  They were all excited to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving with two Americans. Australians have no comparable holiday outside of Christmas that is all about spending time with family and I think that many of them wish that they did.  Before we ate dinner we all went around and said something we were thankful for. Most of them did not know that that is one of the common traditions and I think they quite liked it.  I said I was thankful to be in Australia with all of them and for my wonderful friends and family back in the states.

Our 5 kilo (11 pound turkey)

No comments:

Post a Comment